Compliance Officer to Euroclear Sweden
Compliance Officer to Euroclear Sweden
Euroclear Sweden has been the Swedish Central Securities Depository since 1971. The company provides a digital platform for settlement, safekeeping and servicing of securities, which contributes to secure and efficient trading in the Swedish financial market. As the Swedish Central Securities Depository, they hold the register for almost all shares and debt instruments, keep the book-entry register and settle securities transactions. The company’s customers include, among others, all listed companies in Sweden and all banks and financial institutions dealing with securities. Since 2008, the company is part of Euroclear group, which includes Euroclear Bank as well as Euroclear Belgium, Euroclear Finland, Euroclear France, Euroclear Nederland and Euroclear UK & Ireland.
Your role as Compliance Officer
As Compliance Officer you are part of Euroclear’s Compliance & Ethics team based in Stockholm. The Compliance team in Sweden works closely with the central Compliance function in Brussels, consisting of more than 85 experts and advisors.
Your responsibilities include monitoring, identifying and actively work on the development of new or updated laws and regulations or regulatory frameworks and carry out analysis of how these affect the business. This also includes proactiveness in preventing and identifying compliance risks. Further, you provide guidance, advice and support to the business on compliance related matters, regulatory issues and contribute to the implementation of the regulation internally. The role enquires monitoring and reviewing adherence to regulations and ensuring good compliance governance within the business. You are driving independent control and advice to different business functions. The role includes, but are not limited to:
- Mapping, monitoring, and compiling regulatory information
- Perform compliance risk assessment
- Support internal business owners’ review and annual self-assessment of Compliance control
- Test Compliance controls, report identified risks to Management and follow-up on their mitigation
- Drive development and improvement of internal policies, process, procedures as well as training regarding compliance
- Ensure a good Compliance culture and awareness within Euroclear Sweden
- 2+ years’ experience in Compliance area within the regulated financial market
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations set by the SFSA and/or by the EU
- Relevant academic degree, Legal background is beneficial
- Experience and knowledge in compliance domains such as AML, Sanctions, Conflict of Interest, Market Abuse, etc. (or Certified Compliance Professional) is a plus
- With excellent written and oral communication skills, both in Swedish and English, you act as key contact person for the business
- Hands-on, problem-solving skills and used to train and support employees
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable navigating within a large network of people at various levels in a group organization.
To succeed in this role, you are a driven and ambitious person, who takes great ownership and responsibility over your profession. Further, you are compassionate about compliance and regulatory matters. Last but not least, you are a teamplayer by heart and believe that diversity and hard work is the key to success.
What Euroclear Sweden offers you
Euroclear Sweden offers you an exciting position in a global company which operates in the very heart of the financial market with a big focus on the staffs professional and personal development. Located in the Waterfront Building, next to the Central station in Stockholm.
Start: As soon as possible, or by agreement
Extent: This is a full-time position
Salary: Fixed, monthly
Does the role as Compliance Officer to Euroclear Sweden sound interesting? The selection is ongoing so do not hesitate to apply today! In this recruitment process, great emphasis will be placed on personal characteristics. We at Needo look forward to hearing from you!