People & Culture Advisor to Discovery
People & Culture Advisor to Discovery
The Discovery Networks Sweden portfolio of premium brands include Kanal 5, Kanal 9, Kanal 11, Discovery Channel, TLC, Eurosport, Animal Planet, Discovery World, Discovery Science, Investigation Discovery, Discovery HD, Animal Planet HD as well as the play service, Discovery+. The most recently acquired principal owner, Discovery Communications, also own the rights to Olympic 2018 – 2024. Operating in one of the most interesting, innovative, and fluid industries, a role within Discovery offers a fantastic career opportunity.
Discovery Networks Sweden works as One Team where you support each other and grow as a team. At Discovery the different backgrounds, perspectives and personalities make them stronger, and they know that diversity enriches. Discovery wants to make every day a bit more fun and entertaining. It´s important to be fair and honest with the consumers, customers, and partners. Careful and open – and that is why Discovery believe you will enjoy working with them!
Your role as People & Culture Advisor
As a P&C Advisor, you are a member of the Nordic, as well as EMEA P&C team. You are a key player in making sure Discovery retains and develops the right employees and teams, enabling them to fast forward the future of streaming and linear entertainment. In this role you are primarily supporting the Swedish teams in operational P&C issues, but to some extent also provide support to other managers within the Nordic organization. The role will include:
- Being the go-to person for all managers and employees in assigned teams on all P&C-related matters and work with the business to support the delivery of key corporate initiatives and annual processes
- Employee lifecycle admin including maintenance of P&C Support systems (SuccessFactors and Fieldglass) including accurate and up-to-date headcount management and reporting
- Build strong relationships with Managers, Employees, employee reps and Union reps to enhance Employee relations and support change activities in a pragmatic way, balancing the needs of employees and delivering business objectives
- Work closely with all Specialist areas to provide seamless HR support and advice to the business as necessary including Employment Legal, Talent & Resourcing, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits
- Take ownership of activities related to LifeWorks Inclusion, Employer Branding and CSR
- Monthly Payroll inputs and preparation, working closely with the payroll team based out of Poland
- A degree in relevant field
- Work experience with broader HR
- Great communication skills and fluent in Swedish and English, speaking as well as writing
- Ability to be structured and efficient with attention to details
- Good knowledge of Swedish employment law
- A curious and open growth mindset – striving to develop and learn by doing
- Excellent people skills – you believe in the greatness in people
Discovery needs you to work proactively, aiming to improve people processes and tools. To enjoy the work environment, you should welcome changes and be adapting to the future demand of entertainment consumption. You are curious about culture initiatives, team building activities and ways of improving communication and collaboration. You challenge the traditional ways of doing HR and try to be innovative and creative to get maximum impact. It goes without saying that you are passionate about creating a better and awesome employee experience.
What Discovery offers you
This is your chance to work for a fun and creative company that encourages personal development and celebrates diversity. Discovery offers a unique opportunity to gain a broad and deep understanding of the media and entertainment segment. Expect to have fun and challenge yourself by learning new things every day!
Start: Immediately/According to agreements
Salary: According to agreements
Does the role as People & Culture Advisor to Discovery sound interesting? Selection takes place on an ongoing basis, therefore don´t hesitate to apply today! We at Needo are looking forward to hear from you!