Head of Operations to Ucirq
Head of Operations to Ucirq
About the company
Ucirq is a startup software company within the field of eCommerce, offering a reinvented returns and exchange automation process that delivers great customer experience, and decreases costs and CO2 emissions. But that is just the beginning, they are on a mission to lead the way in more sustainable and circular shopping!
Your role as Head of Operations
Design and lead the development of our logistics operations
As Head of Operations at Ucirq you will report to the CEO and will head the development and setting up of their warehouse and transportation logistics operations, revolving around automated returns and exchange management through their proprietary software. Their logistics hub (WH) is currently being set up and you will assume full responsibility for its success. Ucirq is a small but highly dedicated team of entrepreneurs that have a passion for sustainability and eCommerce, and you will be one of the first employees to join their mission to lead the development in more sustainable shopping by increasing customer satisfaction and decreasing costs and CO2 emissions. They are backed by extremely knowledgeable and committed founders and investors that share the team’s passion.
Your role as Head of Operations also include:
- Take over full ownership of development and management of their logistics operations, continuing the setup of their own logistics hub (WH) which is currently being planned.
- Liaise with their tech team and future CTO to develop the WH automation module, currently in a design phase for a pilot run, you will own and be responsible for requirements specifications from the warehouse perspective
- Personnel responsibility for the team at their logistics hub, consisting of traditional WH personnel. A small but fast growing team, supported by staffing company personnel who you also will be responsible for.
- You will be fully accountable for making sure they are able to grow operations in line with their sales plan, once the pilot phase is over. Considering seasonality effects and workforce actions etc. needed.
- Defining and owning WH operations KPIs
- Together with Tech – design, develop, and produce compelling WH software UI/UX
- Have a close relationship with the pilot customers and their operations teams, always being attentive improvement needed. Also responsible for operational onboarding of new customers.
- Be fully accountable for budget and costs, always striving for cost efficiency without compromising customer satisfaction
- Connect and align with a network of founders, investors and knowledge resources
- Be responsible for courier partnerships and planning as well as onboarding in software and operations.
- Passion for WH and transportation logistics, eCommerce and sustainability
- Hands on WH operations experience and transportation logistics knowledge, preferably from a fast growing eCommerce or eg. 3PL company
- WH site management experience highly valued, including budget, personnel, staffing and business development
- Entrepreneurial and self motivated
- Proven track record in eCommerce operations
- Understanding of eCommerce and its business drivers
- Strong experience of doing requirements specifications in a WMS environment
- Strong understanding of information flow between WMS and other eCommerce system architecture
- Analytical mindset with a passion for execution
- Strong track record of leading teams and working well internally and externally with partners, customers and other stakeholders.
- System architecture and operations environment
- Ucirq proprietary WH software under development
- Warehouse operations and inventory currently being planned
Start: As soon as possible
Compensation: competitive salary and benefits
Do you find the role as Head of Operations at Ucirq to be of interest? The selection is ongoing so do not hesitate to apply today! In this recruitment process, great emphasis will be placed on personal characteristics. We at Needo are looking forward to hear from you!